We are committed to protecting your privacy, both on-line and in the real world. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over our processing of your information.
Unless otherwise specified, any processing of personal data undertaken by us is processed on the basis of our contractual relationship (or in anticipation of a contractual relationship). Where we do not have, or are not anticipating, a contractual relationship with a data subject (for example where processing personal data relating to a child or other dependant, we will generally be processing that data on the basis of legitimate interests.
In addition, where the personal data that we will be processing is “special data” which should be given additional safeguards, such as health information, we will only process that information if there is a valid special condition for processing.
If we are processing personal data for the purposes of marketing, we will only do so if we have express consent of the data subject.
1. Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following information about you:
· : information (such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, pr) that you provide by completing forms on the Platform, including if you register as a user of the Platform, subscribe to any of our services or those of a third party hosted on the Platform, upload or submit any material via the Platform or request information from us;
· in connection with the account sign-in process, your password and log-in details;
· details of any transactions made by you through the Platform while logged into your account will be recorded;
· your activity on our Website (automatically collected) when you use or log on to any of sites or Platforms and the site you exit to.
· communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Platform or its content;
· information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Platform for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
· details of your visits to the Platform, the resources you access and any data you download;
· insurance policy numbers submitted by you on the Platform, for example where you access the platform via an account provided by an insurance provider;
· medical information about you including your medical history, illnesses, prescriptions, allergies, height, weight and other medical information which you might discuss with a doctor as part of your use of the services made available through the Platform. We may also record the notes, video and telephone conversations of your consultations with our doctors on the Platform.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
2. Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
· enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Platform and which you request from us, for example to arrange a consultation. This may include sharing your data with one of our third party service providers such as our consultant doctors or pharmacists, and sharing limited data with our call centre operatives;
· provide and administer your access and to our website and your account with us;
· verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
· verify your identity and your parental guardianship relationship with any child dependants;
· respond to communications from you;
· supply you with email, for example newsletters, alerts that you might have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by following our Unsubscribe instructions)
We need to use your personal information for those purposes to provide our services and to perform our contract with you. In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement and we will be limited in the services that we can provide you with without your consent to Us to be able to use such data.
We also collect, store and use the personal information listed above to:
· audit the downloading of data from the Platform to improve our service;
· learn and improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Platform and better customise them for users;
· identify visitors to the Platform;
· carry out research on our user demographics; and
· tailor the information we send to you on the basis of the health data that you submit using the Platform.
We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for these purposes, so that we can constantly improve our Platform and our services, and to ensure that we are only sending you information that is going to be useful or relevant to you.
Finally, we use your personal information to:
· send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties (such as information on relevant treatment and care offered by third parties), provided you have consented to being contacted for these purposes;
· allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
3. Information shared with others
Information that identifies you: We will only share personal information, from which you can be identified, in certain limited circumstances as described below.
We may share medical information about you, including your medical history, illnesses and prescriptions, with our doctors.
We may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Platform or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
4. Our use and storage of medical information
All medical and other health information collected and supplied to Click Drs will be treated as strictly confidential and all such data will be held strictly in accordance with, and as long as required, under standard regulatory codes of practice on records management and data privacy laws.
5. Additional information
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the Website from which you have come to the Website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Website and will last for longer.
· remember that you have used the Website before (this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive and allows us to make sure that we have enough capacity for the number of Users we get);
· allow you to navigate the Website more quickly and easily;
· remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Website;
· store your preferences;
· customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Website for you; and
· collect statistical information about how you use the Website so that we can improve the Website.
All cookies used on our Website are set by us.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website.
· Essential session management
· creating a specific log-in session for a visitor to the Website in order that the Website remembers that a visitor is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
· recognising when a visitor to the Website has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the Website and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
· recognising when a visitor to the Website is a registered member;
· we may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our services.
· customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Website for example by storing a country code and providing users with content relevant to their country.
· These essential session management and functionality cookies are necessary in order for us to be able to provide our Platform to you.
· collecting statistical information about how our visitors use the Website so that we can improve the Website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors.
We have a legitimate interest in using any personal information collected through performance and measurement cookies, so that we can constantly improve our Platform and our services.
7. External links
8. Payment processing
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it from occurring.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure and whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information you provide to use, we cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Platform whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
You should always close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information, particularly if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
10. Storage of your information
11. Your rights
You have a legal right to access the personal information we hold about you at any time.
You also have a right to ask us to: update and correct any out-of-date information or errors in that information free of charge; object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes; erase your personal information; and transfer to you or (where technically possible) another organisation a copy of the personal information about you that has been provided to us. There may be an additional charge to cover administrative costs.
Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of consent, You may withdraw your consent for Click Drs to use your personal data as set above at any time by contacting Click Drs using the details below, and subject to the regulatory and legal requirements for Click Drs to retain certain information on your medical history and your doctor consultation notes, you can withdraw your consent to our use of any of your personal information at any time.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint at any time about our treatment of your personal information with us on the below email
12. Contacting us